Walking Soccer and Scrimmage Schedules
The ICWSL is now offering two opportunities for just-for-fun games—Wednesdays and Sundays. The Wednesday scrimmages are primarily for players over 40 years old. We are now offering Walking Soccer on Wednesdays, in addition to the just-for-fun scrimmage. The Sunday games are regularly scheduled, ongoing, pay-as-you-play pick-up games.
Questions about walking soccer or the just-for-fun scrimmages?
Contact the league Scrimmage Facilitator. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Walking Soccer and an O-Forty Just for Fun League
NEW! Wednesday Night Walking Soccer. Walking Soccer is for all genders, fitness, and skill levels. Been away from soccer and miss the game? Here's your chance to get back at it.
Walking Soccer and Over-Forty Spirit Scrimmage Rules:
- ICWSL is an affiliate of the Washington State Adult Soccer Association (WSASA). Players wishing to participate in the ICWSL scrimmages and walking soccer must obtain a current WSASA players pass. If you only want to participate in the scrimmage/walking soccer, you need a Walking Soccer Pass. To play in walking soccer/scrimmages as well as ICWSL games on Friday nights, you need a WSASA Player Pass.
- Players must be 40 or over to play (exceptions made on a case by case basis)
- To participate you must sign the league roster
- All players must play within the spirit of the league (see spirit below)
- For drop in players, there is an $8 per game fee
- One half of the field will be for walking soccer. The other half of the field will be a just-for-fun scrimmage.
- Cones or small Pugg goals will be used for goals
- Pennies will be used to identify teammates – provided at the field
- Each half will be about 45 minutes
- 7:00 Games will end at 8:40 or when we get tired and 8:45 games will end at 10:25 or when we get tired, wet or just want to quit
- To ensure a balanced game, player count and team makeup may be adjusted for each game
Interested in participating? Contact John Graham via email: email@example.com.
Current Wednesday Schedule:
|March 7||Wednesday||Marymoor 1||7:00 PM|
|March 14||Wednesday||Marymoor 3||7:00 PM|
|March 21||Wednesday||Marymoor 3||7:00 PM|
|March 28||Wednesday||Marymoor 3||7:00 PM|
|April 4||Wednesday||Marymoor 4||7:00 PM|
|April 11||Wednesday||Marymoor 3||7:00 PM|
|April 18||Wednesday||Marymoor 4||7:00 PM|
|April 25||Wednesday||Marymoor 3||7:00 PM|
|May 2||Wednesday||Marymoor 3||7:00 PM|
|May 9||Wednesday||Marymoor 4||7:00 PM|
|May 16||Wednesday||Marymoor 3||7:00 PM|
|May 23||Wednesday||Marymoor 3||7:00 PM|
|May 30||Wednesday||Marymoor 3||7:00 PM|
The "spirit" of the Over-Forty League
- All participants will play to the skill level of their opponent – e.g. let the other player lose the ball and don't intercept a pass just because you can.
- If during the game you find that you are knocking someone down or getting knocked down, you need to adjust your level of play.
- Pass – Pass – Pass. If you don't pass, you don't play.
- Players will self referee their games.
- If you cannot control your competitive drive and play within the "spirit", you should not participate.
The Sunday Scrimmage is open to all interested players, 18 or older (see below for time and fields).
ICWSL is an affiliate of the Washington State Adult Soccer Association (WSASA). Players wishing to participate in the ICWSL scrimmages and walking soccer must obtain a current WSASA players card. If you only want to participate in the scrimmage/walking soccer, you need a Walking Soccer Pass. To play in walking soccer/scrimmages as well as ICWSL games on Friday nights, you need a WSASA Player Pass.
We offer two scrimmages each Sunday, a fast game and a slow game. The fast game is for more experienced players looking to play a faster-paced, more competitive game. The slow game is offered for players looking for a slower-paced, more low-key game. Both games are played as "just for fun games" and aggressive and dangerous play will not be allowed.
If you are looking for a team to join in the ICWSL, the scrimmage is a great place to meet players from a variety of ICWSL teams.
If you are new to the game, the scrimmage, especially the slow-paced game, is a good opportunity to learn and practice your soccer skills in a friendly, no-pressure environment. The slow game is also great for players returning to the game after an injury.
Cost is $8.00 per person to cover field rental. Just drop in and join in the fun.
Note: Due to liability reasons, no one under the age of 18 may play on Sundays. Sorry.
Current Sunday Scrimmage Schedule:
|Fast Game||Slow Game|
|Monday, Jan 1, 2018||1:00pm - 3:00pm||Marymoor 4
|Jan 7 - Jan 28||4:30pm - 6:30pm||Perrigo 1
|February 4||1:00pm - 3:00pm||Perrigo 2
|Feb 11 - Feb 25||4:30pm - 6:30pm||Perrigo 1
|Mar 4 - May 20||4:30pm - 6:30pm||Marymoor 4
After May 20, 2018, a new Sunday Scrimmage schedule will be posted on the site.